Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Last Tuesday was a certain young man's first day of preschool. He was so excited that he was up, dressed and chatting with me at 6 AM that morning. It was tough to wait until 9:20. In fact, someone whose name starts with a C, fiddled with the clock to make time go a little faster. He denied it completely, but the stool under the clock gave him away.


Of course, we took a few fake-smile pictures. It is difficult for a 4 year old boy to smile without crinkling his nose and closing his eyes. (At least for this four year old boy.) I insisted on open-eyed photos.


It will take a little more practice, but we'll get it eventually.

7 comments:

joan said...

Love that wrinkled nose and closed eyes. You look handsome Mr. C. Love you muchly - Grammy

Aunt Marilyn said...

Pretty cute preschooler, I'd say, wrinkled nose and all! Have fun at pre-school, Mr. C! Love, Aunt Marilyn

Marit said...

You look good in your soccer shirt and fake smile, Mr. C! I can tell you are much loved, I see it in your eyes (and read it in above comments) and it doesn't surprise me at all!!! (PS I love wrinkled noses!!!)

okiedokiegma said...

I have to say ditto to the comments about the nose and eyes. I love this sweet boy wrinkled nose, closed eyes and all! Enjoy your new preschool! LYTM!!!

Peggy said...

Oh he looks darling!
I just went through your blog ... I can't believe how many posts of yours I've missed while being MIA! Your LO's are all so gorgeous, Bethany!
xxx Peggy

iris said...

haha, I know that fake smile. I have been getting a lot of that from my daughter. Love your work as always!!

Becky said...

He's adorable and we missed him today at preschool!