Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Down Crazy Boy!

I made this layout for a contest at SisTv. The theme is SPRING GREEN. I immediately thought of the color spring green. You know, the color of the grass sprouting through the melting snow. It's kind of a limey green with a touch of yellow. The same color as the background paper (Luxe).

These pics of C climbing on the porta-grill (around 20 months) just fit with the color scheme. The kid climbs just about everything. So grateful he's still alive! I'm sure that I'm not the only mother of boys who has said that!


Journaling: Cameron is a climber. He will get up on anything: a rock, a tree, a bench, a chair, a grill (as in this case.) I just hope I can keep him alive until he's five. It seems as though I say the following phrase at least three times a day: GET DOWN CRAZY BOY!

Materials: all PP is Luxe, Hambly transparency, Scenic Route chipboard stars, Technique Tuesday stamps; MM brads and pain, Ranger paint (red); AC pen, staples; AC Thickers backed by Bazzil cardstock; StazOn ink; Uniball signo white pen; gesso; unknown manufacturer of the word stickers (they were a gift).

Here are a few close-ups. I outlined the American Craft's Thickers with Bazzil cardstock to help them pop a bit more. They kind-of got lost in the confusion before.




I did some masking and painting, stamping and blending to add color to the background. I used Scenic Route chipboard stars as my masks, then I used the painted star later in the layout. Love doing that!


Here's a close-up of the top bit 'o stuff. I added some MM brads to the Luxe polka dot paper to give it more texture. I like it. I think I'll do it again. You can also see that I outlined in a very messy fashion, the stars and such. Don't be afraid to get a little messy with your doodles. It works, I promise.

7 comments:

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Love it! Such cutie pictures and love the colors on the layout! FYI - I believe those word stickers are EK Success. I love those. I wish they still made them!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work Bethany!! I love the stars/text and the cs backed alphas...totally rocks! You've inspired me to try journaling in a vertical line like you did.

Becky said...

One of my favorites!

Sometimes getting messy on a page just feels good :)

FamilyKolbaba said...

Those pictures are hilarious. So Cameron! I miss his chubby face :)

Lucy Edson said...

What a little cutie! The masking with the stars add a great touch!

Unknown said...

Ah...Boys! I have a climber too. One of these days I swear he's going to flip his self off the back of the couch.
Love the page. Very cute.

JgWM said...

Beth,
Love this page and I have a weakness for boys pages. The masking is beautiful, and I love the color combination.

Have to say that my daughter was my worst climber. Having 2 brothers 8 years older, probably had something to do with it. I was at Lucy;s today and Em put on a dress fashion ahow for me. My daughter would not wear girlie clothes until she was about 14. And heavens not to PINK.

Enjoy them now, take lots of photos, and as my oldest son said keep the evidence at home.