Friday, March 20, 2009

Catching Up

This week has been a very productive time of catching up. Before the surgery, I had so much trouble moving around that the house, the yard, just about everything (except eating and occasionally combing my hair) was put on hold. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm able to resume my regularly scheduled programming. It feels great to be back again!

Because I'm so proud of my accomplishments this week, I'm going to tell you all about them so you can leave me a gushing comment about how wonderful I am. (giggle...)

1. I finished and filed our taxes. Yeah!
2. I did my knee exercises.
3. I gathered and organized all the medical bills for reimbursement. Whew!
4. I went to my LSS and got some new supplies by My Little Shoebox. Oh my goodness, their stuff is ADORABLE! Played last night with it!
5. I finished 2 LOs and 1 card for Luxe and submitted them for possible publication. Crossing fingers!
6. I did my knee exercises.
7. I washed the high-chair for baby Q. He can now sit on his own at dinner. (Instead of on my lap.)
8. I have a billion projects bouncing around in my head. Must get going on these!
9. I did my knee exercises.
10. I got my new fancy knee brace. I'll need to wear this for the next few months as my strength builds up. Because it is so big, I'm going to need to change my wardrobe to accommodate it.
11. Planning on making about 10 skirts for myself. (See #9)
12. Called multiple pigeon people to get estimates on taking care of our pigeon problem on our roof. (Yes, I believe in humane treatment of animals, but they need to nest somewhere else. A girl can only take so much poop. And with 2 diapered children, 2 dogs, 5 toilets...I'm just sayin'...)
13. Took C to the Dr. for an earache. Bummer.
14. Found out that knee problems are contagious. After my mother spent 3 weeks helping me rehabilitate, she went home and tore her meniscus...in her right knee...and will be going in for surgery on Monday. Seriously people. Is this really possible? All I have to say is stay away from me. Far far away. It's for your own safety.
15. I did my knee exercises.
16. I baked a cake for one of my bestest buds for her birthday.
17. I grocery shopped. Went to Costco and Wal-mart. Whew. Whew and Whew.
18. I kept 6 other people alive and fed for another week.
19. I did my knee exercises.

Now, I'm off to make those skirts. Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I am seriously going to gush about how amazing you are! The cake was delicious, you constantly amaze me with your creative skills, someday I hope to be as nice to my children as you are to yours, you also found time to squeeze in some phone calls with me, and that is A LOT of knee exercises--you go girl!

P.S. We have a Costco membership now so the next time I head that way (which just happens to be across the street from our Hobby Lobby), I'll call and find out if you need anything....from either store :)

Becky said...

P.S. I just saw your "Got Sketch?" blinkie! When did that happen? Congrats!

Lucy Edson said...

Ok, I am tired just reading your list!! You ARE fabulous!!

So sorry to hear about your mom! Glad I am not nearby. ;)

Good luck on the pubs and such!!:D

JgWM said...

Wow, is all that I can say.I have been meaning to come over and visit. You are seriously amazing.
Your list put me to shame. I can not motivate my self to exercise 1 time a day... much less multiple times.

I hope all of the children can walk for them selves.

Gotta go you exhausted me gotta take a nap!

Take car of your self.
y

Unknown said...

Your daily life is so full! How the heck do you find the time to create such beautiful pieces of art?

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Have I ever mentioned that I secretly think that you are probably Wonder Woman???